… picture taken in Graz, Austria...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mike's Birthday!

Last Thursday, March 18, was Mike's 25th birthday!

He had practice during the day, but after, that evening we decided to get a little dressed up and go out to eat for the occasion. He had originally wanted to go to a Chinese Restaurant that another teammate recommended, however when we arrived the place was closed.

So, thinking fast…I remembered passing by a small restaurant that looked neat on the outside. It's name also caught my eye- "The Waldcafe." Luckily this place was open. The server spoke very well English and even brought us to a NON-smoking section!  We were next brought English menus, I ordered the Swiss Schnitzel and Mike ordered a Hawaiian pizza. Both were delicious. The "Swiss Schnitzel" was a grilled chicken piece with ham and cheese on top. It also came with a side of rice and vegetables complete with gravy drizzled atop it all.

At the finale we each ordered mouthwatering desserts. Mike choose a "Hot Raspberry dessert" and I picked an Austrian delicacy, "Apfelstrudel." yummy!
Apfelstrudel
Hot Raspberry dessert
As I mentioned previously, I was intrigued by the name of the place. When our server had a moment, I explained to him that my last name in MedenWALD and that I was interested in possibly buying some glasses. He liked this detail and told me to take the glasses, "No problem."
...So now 2 very lucky Medenwalds will be receiving a glass with "Waldcafe" engraved on it. :)

We were very happy with everything this place had to offer; the service, ambience and authentic Austrian food. We left our server a very nice tip and plan to visit there once more before we leave. Hopefully we can try it out again when Mike's sister and brother-in-law will be visiting us at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment