… picture taken in Graz, Austria...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Exploring more of Kapfenberg

By having my friends here, I was able to explore deeper into and around the city with them. They are quite the adventure seekers and I tagged along.

One of the first nights was spent at Mike's home game. It was fun to share that with them because it's a very different atmosphere compared to most American basketball games. We enjoyed good company, food and drinks while there.
Having fun at the basketball game.
Mike & his coach
The rest of the time in Kapfenberg was spent walking all around the city mostly on sidewalks but also taking advantage of some hidden trails. We spent time "downtown" at the mall in various shops. The weather was so nice that the local "Eissalon" (ice cream shop) was also visited very frequently.

One of their last days here we even took a hike up one of the surrounding mountains. Most of you know, I am not your typical "hiker".  I may have complained more than I should have on the way up, however the prize at the top was spectacular! I guess it was worth all of the mud and bugs I endured to get to the top :/
Nicole and I looking over Kapfenberg.

The view on our hike.
Die drei Freunde!
After our afternoon hike, Mike and a teammate joined us while we ventured up another mountain *by car this time* to view the Burg Oberkapfenberg, (which I think translates to the castle of Kapfenberg.)
Again the sites at the top were unbelievably gorgeous...
Burg Ober
Whoa, KIM!

Mike & I at the top of the castle.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your photos Shannon and Mike! What a way to tour Europe from Lake Park-Audubon.

    ReplyDelete