… picture taken in Graz, Austria...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The lights went out at 8:30pm last night.

Shortly after supper and getting into our comfies, I was on the computer reading something when all of a sudden all of the lights went out.  Looking around I shortly discovered, not only the lights, but all of the power was gone!

Soon after this, Mike comes out of bathroom with a shocked (pun intended) look on his face and says, "Shannon. I was just electrocuted." It took all I had in me to not start laughing uncontrollably right then. I held back and replied, "What happened? All of the power is out."
"I don't know. I plugged in my razor and when I turned it on, it sparked and I was jolted," Mike said. And then I lost it. I just started giggling continuously as we tried to figured out exactly what just happened.

Many thoughts went through our heads such as; Is the whole apartment building out of power? Do we need to call someone to fix this? And if so, who? etc.

We luckily have flashlights on our phone and proceeded to look for an electrical box in the apartment. After several minutes of searching with no luck, Mike went to another apartment to find one of his teammates to ask what we should do, and to see if they were out of power as well.  He came back shortly with a handyman. Luckily, his helpful teammate (TQ) speaks several languages and was able to communicate our problem with this man and turn the lights back on.

We laughed about the prior situation into much of the night. haha :)

Also, we tried out Tierney's milk tip and it still tastes good! This will help stretch the quantity of our milk as well!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I haven't been on here forever but I'm glad to hear the milk thing is working for you!!

    ReplyDelete